#ArchitectsDeclare – Maćków Pracownia Projektowa among the founding signatories of the Polish version of the action aimed at changing awareness, attitudes and standards in the architecture industry.
We will seek to:
– Raise awareness of the climate and biodiversity emergencies and the urgent need for action amongst our clients and supply chains.
– Advocate for faster change in our industry towards regenerative design practices and a higher Governmental funding priority to support this.
– Establish climate and biodiversity mitigation principles as the key measure of our industry’s success: demonstrated through awards, prizes and listings.
– Share knowledge and research to that end on an open source basis.
– Evaluate all new projects against the aspiration to contribute positively to mitigating climate breakdown, and encourage our clients to adopt this approach.
– Upgrade existing buildings for extended use as a more carbon efficient alternative to demolition and new build whenever there is a viable choice.
– Include life cycle costing, whole life carbon modelling and post occupancy evaluation as part of our basic scope of work, to reduce both embodied and operational resource use.
– Adopt more regenerative design principles in our studios, with the aim of designing architecture and urbanism that goes beyond the standard of net zero carbon in use.
– Collaborate with engineers, contractors and clients to further reduce construction waste.
– Accelerate the shift to low embodied carbon materials in all our work.
– Minimise wasteful use of resources in architecture and urban planning, both in quantum and in detail.